College of Business, Government & Law: HDR Supervisory Handbook
- Prior to commencing your research, you and your supervisor should read, discuss and sign this document together. It is a personal agreement about the act of supervision made in good faith between student and supervisor.
- Early on in your PhD, your supervisors will need to see a detailed work plan.
- Early on in your PhD, your supervisors will need to see a detailed research timeline.
- You will be expected to provide a meeting agenda to your supervisors one week prior to your scheduled meetings.
- Following your meeting, you will need to provide a written record of action items using this action item template.
- Use this template to organise your thesis.
- Use this template to organise your methodology chapter(s).
- If you are conducting field-based research – particularly if you will be travelling to do so – you will need to make sure you have everything on this checklist covered. It is a comprehensive guide to preparing, considering your safety and health, thinking about, re-thinking and recording your research and checking-in.
- Use this Research Publications Planner from jobs.ac.uk to map out your publications, conferences and media strategy.